Wednesday, July 3, 2019

スロウダウナー (Slow Downer) - Rokuro (English Translation)



(Translator's note: I lot of these lyrics were confusing to me, and parts of the lyrics may be vague on purpose. Take this translation with a grain of salt.)

I'm a monster born into this most beloved world
The unpleasant age of weak-willed puppets was shaken off, as it should be
The spider that lets loose the red string, the hunter who is predictably entwined
Living my entire life in a detached state, doctor please give me a reason to live!
I'm a monster born into this ambiguous world of new and old
At a glance it's diffuse, cast off from the palm of my hands it looks like

A slider released to the outside, A batter swinging at the sky as expected
Here, a composed expression of the greatest mental agony, doctor please medicate me
Therefore, I chanted a nonsense spell, placed my finger in my mouth and waited
I invoked the names of absurdities
Ah!
It's said that mankind retained love until the end. The whereabouts will remain unknown to me, won't they?
Crying over the pain of a lovers' suicide, remember it!
It's said that mankind retained love until the end. I think the day I'll comprehend it won't arrive
How these days were gobbled down
I tried to command, Superiority and appearances, The largest rift, Accepted a crushing defeat
Three times delight, Nine-fold sorrow, Wore the gloom, Took refuge in the night Every time this still is, A prowl of paradise, Expectations became familiar, Brooded on the path of retreat

Please try to consider it
Please do it quietly
Please look at me
Ah!
It is said that humanity returned to its first days, There are no recollections of those, are there?
Because I'm growing ever sadder, return a laugh!
It's said that humanity returned to its first days, There are no requirements for existing, it seems
That's kind of a decline
You noticed, please don't extend your hand
It got through, I don't need it, right?
Contaminated, soon the limited bounds somehow became love

Perfection, Lighting the final fire, they said, I wonder if it will be painful
The truth is trying to bloom, they said that, I remembered
I finally reached it, The true form and the camouflaged I (love)*
Ah!
It's said that mankind retained their "I" (love)' until the end, My mark is absent, isn't it?
It's certainly inappropriate but, remember it!
They cried alone ninety nine times, it is said, The next one doesn't exist, it seems
At last I've found it
This performance of "I" (love)* is over
See you, monster who was born into this beloved world
With the biggest triumphant expression in human life, I became one with the world

* The "I" in this instance uses the spelling of love (ai), but in katakana. It's likely a play on words.

No comments:

Post a Comment