Thursday, August 16, 2018

Kataomoiwazurai (Unrequited Love Sickness) - CY8ER [English Translation]

As a lover of rain it was only natural for me to end up liking this song, and hence try to translate it. Both "suki" and "daisuki" can be confessions of love in Japanese, but "daisuki" is very strong. In that sense translating the "suki" parts as "like" might not be entirely accurate, but I couldn't figure out a better way to set them apart from the lines where "daisuki" is used.


カタオモイワズライ - Kataomoiwazurai (Unrequited Love Sickness)


My chest feels tight, looks like I'm falling in love
Drip drip, incessantly pouring rain
Startled, startled, feelings throb inside me

You advance today as well, while I stand still
Close, far away, even though it seems like the feelings reach why don't they arrive

Hey wait wait wait wait! unrequited love agony
I like like like like like, feelings of love agony
I like like like like you, I want to tell you!
A confession of liking liking liking liking liking
Do you like like like like me?
Just kidding, I can't say it, however!

I love you

I like like like like like, feelings of love agony
I like like like sukiyaki, roasted rice cake, because it's grilled
I really want to eat
Hey, I want to eat before it gets cold
My pulse and the overlapping sound of rain, drip drip, incessantly pouring rain
Startled, startled, feelings throb inside me

If the rain grows stronger I'll tell you
My cowardly self couldn't say it
I wish my emotions could reach you, I said

Hey wait wait wait wait! unrequited love agony
I like like like like like, feelings of love agony
I like like like like you, I want to tell you!
A confession of liking liking liking liking liking
I wonder if it will reach

Rainy season of love, rain clouds kick about in the city hills
Cumulonimbus clouds, a chance to elevate one's fate in love, Saikyou railway line
If I get used to thinking about tomorrow's weather it'll surely clear up
The weather forecast is a love indicator
My overflowing feelings are a hurricane

Hey humanity is still going nonstop, so let's practice how to have a good time once more
You're mixing spices in your dream, the extremely hot CY8ER Q
I say goodbye to the me of yesterday, the crybaby who fails to be upfront about her feelings every time
I want to meet you right now

Look, look, there's a rainbow, I' going to see you
I might take my time but I'll definitely, definitely be going

No comments:

Post a Comment