Saturday, August 18, 2018

Somatou Labyrinth (Revolving Lantern Labyrinth) - Yunomi [English Translation]

Yunomi is a recent favorite of mine, I strongly recommend checking them out on Bandcamp if you enjoy cute songs with dark undercurrents (though they also have stuff that's just cute!). With no further ado, here's my translation attempt for Somatou Labyrinth.

走馬灯ラビリンス - Somatou Labyrinth (Revolving Lantern Labyrinth)


Turn, turn
The liquid that reveals the new world is flowing
Boiling up, boiling up, the temperature rises plenty past the needed point
Preparations, preparations, were made once more
Up until now I haven't been able to leave the district
It seems like tonight the day is reborn
I tightly closed my eyes
The dark space between six tatami mats is warping
To a journey to forget you
But it's strange-
The inside of my chest is hot like it's burning

Hey, why do revolving lanterns
stop floating around you?
It can't be helped, I continue slipping into the night

It seems like, it seems like
The new world was a fake that existed in name only
The headache I had for three days and three nights became a little better
A labyrinth in the dark space between six tatami mats
Still, still I can't slip out
Again you come out in a dream
Like recollections of a hot summer

It seems I still quietly wish
In a corner of my foggy consciousness
I've lost my way and wish to find you
Why do revolving lanterns
Grow hazy and distant like this?

Why do revolving lanterns
Stop floating around you?
It can't be helped, I continue falling into the night

No comments:

Post a Comment